Voting

Saturday, January 8, 2011

1st assignment for class

So as part of my internship I have to write a journal entry every week. I might as well put them on here because they might be interesting some times. So here is the first one about goal setting:


In two weeks I will be heading down to Orlando, Florida to start my Walt Disney World Internship through their college program, before I go I am going to set some goals. By setting these goals it will help me to stay focused on what I want out of this experience and to make the best of this experience as well.  By participating in the WDW College Program I hope to gain lots of friends and learn about myself.  I am really excited to meet people from around the world and have an awesome place to go and hang out with them. I hope to make some money, to live, learn, and have fun along the way. I will learn about myself, how to handle the stress of being in a completely different place away from anyone I know and love. I am sure that being away from everyone will only strengthen our bond.
When I am at the Walt Disney World College Program I will be taking a three credit Disney Collegiate course and a one credit Disney exploration course. I know these classes will be a great opportunity, and I will gain all the knowledge that I can through them. Through the Disney classes I hope to gain professional skills like interviewing skills and resume writing. This way when I finish school and go out into the real world it might be easier to get a job. By learning these professional skills it will lead me to be better prepared for a career because I will be better at writing resumes, networking, and interviewing.
            As a result of the Walt Disney World College Program, the worst thing that could happen would be having a bout of homesickness or a relapse in my depression. I think that once I get all settled in and get busy with work, school, and making friends I will be too busy to be homesick; so I only worry about that for the first few weeks, then I think I will be okay. It will also be helpful to call home a lot and write letters and emails to friends. If I had a relapse in my depression, I have faith that I could make it through. I have medication, coping strategies, and Disney World to distract me from sadness. I think that the worse won’t happen, because I am prepared.
            The best thing that could happen to be as a result of the Walt Disney World College Program is making tons of friends, having tons of fun, and loving the time there. The best experience would mean loving my job and coworkers, adapting to the new environment, and learning professional skills to better prepare me to find a job after I graduate from graduate school. I expect there to be a lot of work, but I also expect that work to be fun, because of the environment that I am working in. Yes, work can be a drag, but I am going to be working in the most magical place on earth. What more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment