Voting

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Visit from the Rents!

This week my parents visited!! We were sad that not everyone of the family could come, but happy that at least Mom and Dad could come. When they flew in, they picked me up at my apartment, we checked into our hotel, and then we went to down town disney to have dinner at earl of sandwhich! Best sandwhich place ever.
On their first offical day in Florida we went grocery shopping, flea markets shopping, to animal kingdom lodge, to the polonesian,and had a lot of fun. The next day we woke up early to get to magic kingdom in time for our 8:30 am Keys to the Kingdom tour. It is a five hour walking tour of magic kingdom, both
ckstage and onstage. Mom and Dad were really excited to see backstage, especially the utilidors, where I walk every day. After our tour we saw the country bear jamboree and then it was time for me to go to work. Mom and Dad stopped by and took pictures of me working, it was halarious. Then after work we headed back to the hotel for the night.
Then the next day we went to EPCOT for the flower and garden festival, we took lots of pictures of topiaries. At EPCOT we went on lots of rides and saw many countries and even met some "checklisters" while waiting for illuminations. For those of you who don't know a check lister is someone who usually views disney as a once in a life time opportunity and then checks it off the list never to go again. Also checklisters usually research the best ways to get around and such and have a physical list of everything they must do in the exact order. These checklisters that we met were very nice, the Dad was asking so many questions. We tried to remind them to enjoy the atmostphere and make sure to see fantasmic, which was oddly not on their list. After illuminations we headed home to sleep exhausted after a long day.
On my parents last day in Florida we went to downtown disney, out for lunch, and got some groceries. They sadly had to leave and i took a nap right before my class. I was sad to see them go, but after class I went to magic kingdom and hung out with Cheryl and some of her friends. It was a blast and a very good distraction. Well back to reality untill next week when Christopher and Megan visit!!!!ba

1 comment:

  1. OK, I am truly the only one that comments.It makes my day when someone comments on my blog so I thought it might do the same for you. Im glad you guys had fun. Wish we could have all been there.

    ReplyDelete